This one-day educational and experiential workshop is for pregnant couples and parents of infants and toddlers. (see flier) The workshop is designed to support couples and families during the transition to parenthood, and much of the material is based on the research of Doctors John and Julie Gottman.
The Gottman’s research demonstrates that when couples become parents, there is often a significant decrease in their relationship satisfaction. The workshop material was developed in response to over 30 years of marriage and family research looking at what helps couples stay connected and in satisfying relationships.
In the workshop you will practice tools to strengthen your relationship with your partner and foster your baby’s development during this new and challenging time of life.
Learn skills to:
- Stay connected with your partner by strengthening your friendship and intimacy
- Deal with conflict successfully and avoid relationship meltdown
- Interact with your baby in a positive way
- Understand that stress is normal when a baby arrives
- Remain mindfull of the impact of division of labor changes and decisions
- Keep both parents involved in infant care • Improve the quality of parent-infant interactions
- Understand and recognize stages of early childhood development
- Meet the psychological and emotional needs of your child
Please join us for this wonderful investment in your new life as a family. The day will include lecture, conversation, exercises, video clips and take-home materials to provide a diverse and stimulating experience.
DATES: 2010 Workshop Dates
This one-day workshop is offered on Sunday from 9:30am-4:30pm
March 7th, or May 23rd or November 7th
Fee: $175 per couple - includes materials
A $25 discount for registration received 30 days prior to workshop
Educator: Workshop is offered by Lee Safran, MFT, Certified Gottman Educator
Registration: If you would like to register for a workshop, please call to confirm that space is available at (510) 496-6096. After we speak, you can print the registration form (PDF) and mail it along with either the full fee or a $50.00 non-refundable deposit to:
Lee Safran, MFT
1562 Oak View Ave.
Kensington, CA 94707
I will send you a confirmation letter with more detailed information as soon as I receive your deposit.